Current Employment Listings
Posted August 27, 2018
~~Center for Hospice Care is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse, to function as an Admission / Flex Nurse, to join our clinical team.
We create extraordinary experiences for our clients and their families
Our employees enjoy coming to work – we laugh and work hard
We are growing and perpetuate a collegial and welcoming team environment
Responsible for full scope of the patient admission process, meeting the needs of the patient and family. Supports clinical needs of agency and reports directly to the Clinical Supervisor. The Admission / Flex Nurse is expected to be flexible in order to provide admission to a patient and / or family that enhance their right to be involved in all decision s regarding their care, treatment and services. This position includes responsibilities for intake, admissions, hospital liaisons and case load support. This flex position will cover for any of the mentioned roles depending on the department needs, using the appropriate job description for more detail on responsibilities and duties.
1. Graduation from an accredited nursing program. BSN Bachelors preferred. A minimum one year of experience as a registered nurse. Prior hospice or home care experience preferred.
2. Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in Connecticut.
3. Knowledge of and ability to apply community nursing principles and practices.
4. Ability to teach basic nursing care to patients, family, hospice aide and volunteers.
5. Must be comfortable using computerized clinical record keeping.
6. Understands and maintains confidentiality.
7. Candidates must live in driving distance.
This is a Full time benefitted 37.5-hour position.
Center for Hospice Care offers a competitive compensation and benefit packages and a great working environment at its campus in Norwich, CT. Center for Hospice Care is an EOE.
For more information about Center for Hospice Care, go to www.hospicesect.org